3 Tried-and-True Tips to Boost Your Dental SEO
With Google serving as the modern-day phone book, it is critical that your practice invests in enhancing your dental SEO. You can ensure your name appears in the top search results when a potential patient searches for dental services keywords! Read on to learn about how to improve your SEO organically, track results, and pay […]
With Google serving as the modern-day phone book, it is critical that your practice invests in enhancing your dental SEO. You can ensure your name appears in the top search results when a potential patient searches for dental services keywords! Read on to learn about how to improve your SEO organically, track results, and pay for an extra boost.
Need more SEO tips? Click here for our Ultimate Guide to Dental SEO.
Create a Blog to Improve Your Dental SEO
One of our tried-and-true methods of advancing your dental SEO is to join the blogging world! Blogs are no longer just for foodies and travelers–they are a powerful tool for bringing an audience to your website organically. Blog posts help your website show up on Google. Plus, your blog content can answer patients’ frequently asked questions, educate about your services, and establish credibility with new patients.
Start by making a list of potential blog topics and keywords. What helpful advice can you offer? Does niche insight set you apart? Which questions might a potential patient type into Google? To drive traffic to your website, consider writing blogs tailored to the cost, benefits, and insurance details of your services. These are common Google searches and will help boost your blog in the results. You can even use SEMrush to do keyword research.
A few more quick tips for writing an SEO-friendly blog:
- Use subheadings to break your content into smaller sections. Readers (and Google) use subheadings to skim the blog for relevant keywords and information.
- Add images and internal and external links. Not only will these make the blog more dynamic, but it improves your SEO score.
- Include your keyword or phrase in the first paragraph, several subheadings, and sprinkled throughout the blog. This will help Google identify which search results your blog will be relevant to.
- Ensure your blog is readable. Yoast SEO recommends using techniques like active voice, transition words, and short sentences to improve readability. Google reads like a human–and continues to become more capable of understanding text in the same way we do.
An additional way to organically raise your ranking in Google search results is by improving your local SEO. Localize your website content with personal photos and your city name. Correct your practice’s name, address, and phone number information online. Collect positive reviews and ratings. And watch your local SEO soar!
Track Traffic With Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free and important tool for dental SEO! You can use it to understand your patients’ online activity and meet them where they are. The tool also evaluates your marketing performance. In essence, it provides you with a wealth of information about how people are interacting with your website which can then be used to make strategic marketing decisions.
To create your Google Analytics account, you first need to log into Google with your preferred email address. Go to analytics.google.com and click “Set up for Free.” On the first page, enter your practice name and check all of the data sharing options. On the next page, select “Web” as what you want to measure. Enter your website and domain name. Once you click “Create” and agree to the terms, your account creation is complete!
You will also need to install Google Tag Manager on your website. Once you’ve finished both processes, Google Analytics will begin tracking your website traffic within 24 hours. Have fun diving into data like the number of users visiting your website, the amount of time they are spending on your website, what exactly people are doing when they arrive, and more valuable intel!
Run a Paid Strategy for Your Dental SEO
In addition to organically improving your dental SEO, you can also invest extra dollars in a paid strategy. We help clients advertise with Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords). The pay-per-click (PCP) advertising platform allows you to access the Google Search Network and Google Display network.
The Google Search Network shows your ads to potential patients who are searching for keywords. When you create a Google Ad, you will choose keywords that trigger your ad to appear when those words are searched. This method works for capturing the attention of Google users who are already seeking dental services.
The Google Display Network is like a billboard. Rather than advertising to patients who are actively looking for keywords related to dental services, the ads are placed on various websites that might have users who are interested in your services. Potential patients don’t always think about dental services until they are reminded!
The benefits of Google Ads include:
- Outrank your competitors’ ads. Google Ads allow you to rank higher than those who are not running ads on the platform.
- Faster results than just organic SEO. Google Ads are an easy way to skip the effort and jump higher in where you rank on Google search results!
- Target your ads. One of the most valuable features of Google Ads is the ability to show ads to users who are searching for specific keywords. You can also decide what time of day you would like to show your ads and how often they appear.
- Measure your success. Google provides a detailed analytical report of every ad you run and ad performance.
- Google Ads is scalable. Our statistics show that if you simply increase the pay-per-click budget of a successful campaign, your click-through-rate will increase accordingly.
Boost Your Dental SEO with Pain Free Dental Marketing
By starting with these tips, your dental practice website will find its way to the top of Google search results! Contact us today for extra help and how-to on strategies like writing a compelling blog or setting up your Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts.